9 of 26 portraits of John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 7 May 1833
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 884 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Sir William Amcotts-Ingilby, 2nd Bt (1784-1854), Politician; MP for Lincolnshire. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- William Cobbett (1763-1835), Journalist, agriculturalist and politician; MP for Oldham. Sitter associated with 54 portraits.
- Stephen Lushington (1782-1873), Judge. Sitter in 17 portraits.
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782-1845), Whig statesman. Sitter in 62 portraits.