1 portrait of Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern)
by Unknown photographer
vintage bromide print, 1935
3 1/2 in. x 4 7/8 in. (90 mm x 125 mm) overall
Given by Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern), 1999
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Mary Berenson (née Smith) (1864-1945), Art historian; former wife of Frank Costelloe, and later wife of Bernard Berenson; daughter of Robert Pearsall Smith. Sitter associated with 75 portraits.
- Roger Hultin (1934-), Son of Olaf Hultin and Barbara Strachey. Sitter in 9 portraits.
- Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern) (1912-1999), Writer. Sitter in 58 portraits, Artist associated with 9 portraits.
- Rachel Pearsall Conn ('Ray') Strachey (née Costelloe) (1887-1940), Feminist activist and writer. Sitter in 64 portraits, Artist associated with 99 portraits.
- Jean Simmons
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- A Celebration of Shakespeare
- Reaching for the stars: Astronomers in focus
- Rupert Brooke: War Poet
- The Royal Ballet at 75
- Lillah McCarthy
- The Beautiful and the Damned
- Photographic holdings - print collections
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection - M-Z