1 portrait of Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern)
by Unknown photographer
vintage bromide print, 1935
3 1/2 in. x 4 7/8 in. (90 mm x 125 mm) overall
Given by Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern), 1999
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Mary Berenson (née Smith) (1864-1945), Art historian; daughter of Robert Pearsall Smith; former wife of Frank Costelloe, and later wife of Bernard Berenson. Sitter associated with 75 portraits.
- Roger Hultin (1934-), Son of Olaf Hultin and Barbara Strachey. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Barbara Strachey (Hultin, later Halpern) (1912-1999), Writer. Sitter in 58 portraits, Artist associated with 7 portraits.
- Rachel Pearsall Conn ('Ray') Strachey (née Costelloe) (1887-1940), Feminist activist and writer. Sitter in 59 portraits, Artist associated with 79 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Women and the First World War
Until 25 October