7 of 14 portraits of James Scarlett, 1st Baron Abinger
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 14 March 1834
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- James Scarlett, 1st Baron Abinger (1769-1844), Chief Baron of the Exchequer. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Sir William Horne (1774-1860), Master in Chancery, barrister and politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Edward Burtenshaw Sugden, 1st Baron St Leonards (1781-1875), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 15 portraits.
- Sir Charles Wetherell (1770-1846), Politician and lawyer. Sitter in 25 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.