4 of 4 portraits of Thomas Barnes
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 8 April 1834
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Thomas Barnes (1785-1841), Editor of The Times. Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 239 portraits.
- Thomas Denman, 1st Baron Denman (1779-1854), Lord Chief Justice. Sitter associated with 18 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 169 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 702 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 435 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 888 portraits.