The Thimble Rig
14 of 81 portraits of Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon
The Thimble Rig
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 10 July 1834
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 884 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 166 portraits.
- Edward John Littleton, 1st Baron Hatherton (1791-1863), Politician, Chief Secretary for Ireland and MP for Staffordshire. Sitter associated with 10 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 227 portraits.
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782-1845), Whig statesman. Sitter in 62 portraits.