The Thimble Rig
14 of 82 portraits of Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon
The Thimble Rig
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 10 July 1834
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 89 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 101 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 167 portraits.
- Edward John Littleton, 1st Baron Hatherton (1791-1863), Politician. Sitter associated with 11 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Politician. Sitter associated with 82 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 204 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 223 portraits.
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782-1845), Whig statesman. Sitter in 63 portraits.