16 of 85 portraits of Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 22 July 1834
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 738 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 462 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 952 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- George Eden, Earl of Auckland (1784-1849), Governor-General of India. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 37 portraits.
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 258 portraits.
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 28 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 118 portraits.
- Edward Ellice (1781-1863), Merchant and politician; MP for Coventry. Sitter in 11 portraits.
- Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue (1783-1861), Politician; MP for Barnstaple, St Mawes, Buckingham, Devon, Tavistock and Devonshire North. Sitter associated with 23 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 175 portraits.
- Edward John Littleton, 1st Baron Hatherton (1791-1863), Politician, Chief Secretary for Ireland and MP for Staffordshire. Sitter in 10 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 159 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician; Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter in 85 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for Dublin City and Cork County. Sitter associated with 217 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter in 145 portraits.
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782-1845), Whig statesman. Sitter in 63 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-37. Sitter associated with 144 portraits.