4 of 12 portraits of Edward Ellice
by John Doyle, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 1 September 1834
11 1/4 in. x 16 3/8 in. (286 mm x 415 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Statesman. Sitter associated with 34 portraits.
- Edward Ellice (1781-1863), Merchant and politician. Sitter in 12 portraits.
- Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey (1764-1845), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 167 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 204 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 137 portraits.
- John Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl Spencer (1782-1845), Whig statesman. Sitter in 63 portraits.