A Fair Game
12 of 33 portraits of John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough
A Fair Game
by John Doyle, printed by Ducôte & Stephens, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 10 July 1835
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Statesman. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter in 75 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 100 portraits.
- Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue (1783-1861), MP for Devonshire North. Sitter associated with 22 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 52 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter in 140 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Politician. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 222 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 339 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-7. Sitter associated with 134 portraits.