A Fair Game
17 of 79 portraits of George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle
A Fair Game
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Ducôte & Stephens, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 10 July 1835
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 37 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 118 portraits.
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter associated with 79 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter in 105 portraits.
- Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue (1783-1861), Politician; MP for Barnstaple, St Mawes, Buckingham, Devon, Tavistock and Devonshire North. Sitter associated with 23 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter in 56 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 159 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician; Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter in 85 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for Dublin City and Cork County. Sitter associated with 217 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 226 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter in 244 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 439 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-37. Sitter associated with 144 portraits.