Turning the Tables
11 of 20 portraits of Henry Hardinge, 1st Viscount Hardinge of Lahore
Turning the Tables
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 25 March 1836
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter associated with 76 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 52 portraits.
- Henry Hardinge, 1st Viscount Hardinge of Lahore (1785-1856), Governor-General of India. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- Sir Robert Harry Inglis, 2nd Bt (1786-1855), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 2nd Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1849-1926), Irish peer. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Arthur Morrisson (1765-1837), Lord Mayor of Dublin. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 225 portraits.
- Sir Frederick Shaw, 3rd Bt (1799-1876), Irish politician; MP for Dublin. Sitter in 6 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Painting Parliament: The Fine Arts Commission 1841 – 1863
Until 10 May 2015