The Irish Tutor
1 portrait of John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough
The Irish Tutor
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 29 April 1836
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter associated with 76 portraits.
- Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne (1780-1863), Politician, Home Secretary, Chancellor of the Exchequer and Lord President of the Council. Sitter associated with 73 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 2nd Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1849-1926), Irish peer. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 226 portraits.