9 of 19 portraits of Richard Lalor Sheil
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 1 June 1836
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter associated with 76 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and Radical MP. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 226 portraits.
- Richard Lalor Sheil (1791-1851), Irish politician, MP for several constituencies, writer and orator. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.