1 portrait of Winston Churchill
Lent by the Churchill Chattels Trust; Image © National Portrait Gallery, London
by Sir William Orpen
oil on canvas, 1916
58 1/4 in. x 40 3/8 in. (1480 mm x 1025 mm)
Lent by Trustees of the Churchill Chattels Trust, 2012
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965), Prime Minister. Sitter in 212 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Sir William Orpen (1878-1931), Painter, Royal Acadamian. Artist associated with 29 portraits, Sitter in 28 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- National Portrait Gallery: 100 Portraits, p. 107
- Moorhouse, Paul; Faulks, Sebastian (essay), The Great War in Portraits, 2014 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 27 February - 15 June 2014), p. 129
- Redford, Bruce, John Singer Sargent and the art of allusion, 2016, p. 196
- Various contributors, National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain, 2014, p. 194