The Cock Pit
1 portrait of George Byng
The Cock Pit
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred DucÃ´te, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 16 February 1837
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred DucÃ´te (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- George Byng (1764-1847), MP for Middlesex. Sitter associated with 13 portraits.
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter associated with 76 portraits.
- Charles Pepys, 1st Earl of Cottenham (1781-1851), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751-1838), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 71 portraits.
- Edward Law, 1st Earl of Ellenborough (1790-1871), Politician; President of the Board of Control and Governor-General of India. Sitter associated with 31 portraits.
- Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and King of Hanover (1771-1851), Son of George III. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 52 portraits.
- Henry Hardinge, 1st Viscount Hardinge of Lahore (1785-1856), Governor-General of India. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and radical politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- Stephen Lushington (1782-1873), Judge. Sitter in 17 portraits.
- John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst (1772-1863), Lord Chancellor and politician; son of the painter John Singleton Copley. Sitter associated with 75 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Sir William Molesworth, 8th Bt (1810-1855), Politician; First Commissioner of Works and Colonial Secretary.. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician; Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Constantine Henry Phipps, 1st Marquess of Normanby (1797-1863), Whig Politician; British Ambassador to France and writer. Sitter in 49 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 225 portraits.
- Richard Lalor Sheil (1791-1851), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies, writer and orator. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 343 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-7. Sitter associated with 134 portraits.
- William Draper Best, 1st Baron Wynford (1767-1845), Politician and judge. Sitter in 7 portraits.