Going to the Fair with it
18 of 26 portraits of John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford
Going to the Fair with it
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 30 March 1837
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 89 portraits.
- Charles Buller (1806-1848), Politician and wit. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 100 portraits.
- Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue (1783-1861), MP for Devonshire North. Sitter associated with 22 portraits.
- William Howley (1766-1848), Archbishop of Canterbury. Sitter associated with 22 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Radical politician. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- Sir Robert Harry Inglis, 2nd Bt (1786-1855), Tory politician. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst (1772-1863), Lord Chancellor and politician; son of the painter John Singleton Copley. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- Sir William Molesworth, 8th Bt (1810-1855), Radical politician. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Politician. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Arthur Roebuck (1802-1879), Politician. Sitter in 32 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 222 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 339 portraits.