Going to the Fair with it
6 of 17 portraits of Sir William Molesworth, 8th Bt
Going to the Fair with it
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred DucÃ´te, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 30 March 1837
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred DucÃ´te (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Charles Buller (1806-1848), Politician and wit. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue (1783-1861), MP for Devonshire North. Sitter associated with 22 portraits.
- William Howley (1766-1848), Archbishop of Canterbury. Sitter associated with 23 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and radical politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- Sir Robert Harry Inglis, 2nd Bt (1786-1855), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst (1772-1863), Lord Chancellor and politician; son of the painter John Singleton Copley. Sitter associated with 75 portraits.
- Sir William Molesworth, 8th Bt (1810-1855), Politician; First Commissioner of Works and Colonial Secretary.. Sitter associated with 17 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician; Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Arthur Roebuck (1802-1879), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter in 33 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 225 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 344 portraits.