Following the Leader
19 of 26 portraits of John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford
Following the Leader
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 12 May 1837
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 737 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 462 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 934 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 159 portraits.
- Sir William Molesworth, 8th Bt (1810-1855), Politician, First Commissioner of Works and Colonial Secretary. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for Dublin City and Cork County. Sitter associated with 213 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter in 145 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 220 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter in 240 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 427 portraits.
Related shop items
- David Livingstone and the Victorian Encounter with Africa catalogue (paperback)
- Wellington: Triumphs, Politics and Passions
- National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain
- A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery
- Duke of Wellington Bust
- Duke of Wellington Decoration
- Prime Ministers Mug