Taking up a Fare
1 portrait of Frederick William Robert Stewart, 4th Marquess of Londonderry
Taking up a Fare
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 24 May 1837
11 3/8 in. x 16 3/4 in. (289 mm x 427 mm) paper size
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- Henry Goulburn (1784-1856), Politician; MP for Cambridge University. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Sir James Robert George Graham, 2nd Bt (1792-1861), Statesman; First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 52 portraits.
- Thomas Langlois Lefroy (1776-1869), Judge. Sitter associated with 5 portraits.
- Frederick William Robert Stewart, 4th Marquess of Londonderry (1805-1872), Politician; MP for County Down. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
- John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst (1772-1863), Lord Chancellor and politician; son of the painter John Singleton Copley. Sitter associated with 75 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- Sir Frederick Shaw, 3rd Bt (1799-1876), Irish politician, MP for Dublin. Sitter in 6 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 346 portraits.
- King William IV (1765-1837), Reigned 1830-7. Sitter associated with 134 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Exhibition Tour: Wellington: Triumphs, Politics and Passions
30 April, 19:30