16 of 16 portraits of Henry James
by and published by Houghton Mifflin Company, after Sir Emery Walker, after John Singer Sargent
photogravure, 1916 (1913)
5 3/8 in. x 3 1/2 in. (137 mm x 88 mm) plate size; 8 1/2 in. x 6 3/4 in. (216 mm x 173 mm) paper size
Given by Houghton Mifflin Company, 1916
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- Houghton Mifflin Company (founded 1880), Publishers. Artist associated with 1 portrait.
- John Singer Sargent (1856-1925), Portrait and landscape painter and muralist. Artist associated with 72 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Sir Emery Walker (1851-1933), Process-engraver and printer. Artist associated with 113 portraits, Sitter in 10 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Sargent: Portraits of Artists and Friends
From 12 February 2015
- Gallery Talk: General Reputations of the First World War
26 February 2015, 19:00