5 of 11 portraits of Daniel Whittle Harvey
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 10 January 1838
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 734 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 462 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 930 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 255 portraits.
- John Bull (active 1712-present), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 106 portraits.
- Charles Buller (1806-1848), Politician and wit. Sitter in 7 portraits.
- Daniel Whittle Harvey (1786-1863), Politician; MP for Colchester and Southwark, founder of the 'Sunday Times' and first Commissioner of the City of London Police. Sitter in 11 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- John Arthur Roebuck (1802-1879), Politician; MP for Bath and Sheffield. Sitter in 34 portraits.
- Thomas Wakley (1795-1862), Medical journalist and politician. Sitter in 10 portraits.