The Royal Cosset
20 of 26 portraits of John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford
The Royal Cosset
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 5 February 1838
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Statesman. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- John Cam Hobhouse, Baron Broughton de Gyfford (1786-1869), Statesman and friend of Byron. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Charles Pepys, 1st Earl of Cottenham (1781-1851), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 14 portraits.
- Charles Grant, Baron Glenelg (1778-1866), Politician. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Politician. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 138 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 224 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 477 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.