4 of 5 portraits of Richard Hussey Vivian, 1st Baron Vivian
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 15 March 1838
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 225 portraits.
- Richard Hussey Vivian, 1st Baron Vivian (1775-1842), Lieutenant-General. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 346 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Painting Parliament: The Fine Arts Commission 1841 – 1863
Until 10 May 2015