15 of 36 portraits of Henry George Grey, 3rd Earl Grey
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 3 April 1838
17 1/4 in. x 11 3/4 in. (437 mm x 298 mm) overall
acquired unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 738 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 462 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 952 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 258 portraits.
- Charles Grant, Baron Glenelg (1778-1866), Politician and colonial administrator. Sitter in 32 portraits.
- Henry George Grey, 3rd Earl Grey (1802-1894), Secretary for the Colonies. Sitter associated with 36 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 159 portraits.
- Sir William Molesworth, 8th Bt (1810-1855), Politician, First Commissioner of Works and Colonial Secretary. Sitter in 20 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician; Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter in 85 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter in 243 portraits.