1 portrait of Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd), and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographers
bromide postcard print, published 1910s
5 3/8 in. x 3 1/2 in. (137 mm x 89 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Queen Alexandra (1844-1925), Queen of Edward VII. Sitter associated with 472 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- King Edward VII (1841-1910), Reigned 1901-10. Sitter associated with 500 portraits.
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (1894-1972), Reigned 1936. Sitter in 419 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 474 portraits.
- King George VI (1895-1952), Reigned 1936-52. Sitter associated with 509 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 165 portraits.
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1900-1974), Son of George V. Sitter in 179 portraits.
- Prince John (1905-1919), Youngest son of George V. Sitter in 29 portraits.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 394 portraits.
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965), Princess Royal; daughter of George V. Sitter in 294 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 528 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Events of 1910back to top
Current affairsGeorge V succeeds Edward VII to the throne.
The Liberals win narrow victories after calling two General Elections following escalating tension between the Liberal administration and the Lords reached crisis point with the Lords' unprecedented rejection of Lloyd George's 1909 budget. The budget included tax reform intended to fund social reform and a rearmament programme, but was seen by the Conservative Lords as an assault on property.