1 portrait of Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd), and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographers
bromide postcard print, published 1910s
5 3/8 in. x 3 1/2 in. (137 mm x 89 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Queen Alexandra (1844-1925), Queen of Edward VII. Sitter associated with 467 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- King Edward VII (1841-1910), Reigned 1901-10. Sitter associated with 497 portraits.
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (1894-1972), Reigned 1936. Sitter in 404 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 440 portraits.
- King George VI (1895-1952), Reigned 1936-52. Sitter associated with 500 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 162 portraits.
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1900-1974), Son of George V. Sitter in 178 portraits.
- Prince John (1905-1919), Youngest son of George V. Sitter in 29 portraits.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 368 portraits.
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965), Princess Royal; daughter of George V. Sitter in 267 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 519 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Alexandra of Denmark
- WebQuest: Christmas or Seaside
- My Favourite Portrait by Hugo Vickers
- Reviewers Revealed: Celebrating the TLS Centenary
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection - M-Z
- The World's Most Photographed
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- WebQuest: Votes For Women
- The Beautiful and the Damned
- Photographically Illustrated Periodicals
- Learn more
- Howard Carter: The Quest for the Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Wedding photographs from the 1920s
- Born in 1856
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- Life Drawing: Capturing the Magic of Movement
29 April, 18:30
Related shop items
- Victoria & Albert Scarf
- Monarchs Ruler
- Magnetic Monarchs
- The World's Most Photographed catalogue (hardcover)
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- A Guide to Victorian & Edwardian Portraits (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery Kings & Queens (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain
- Moustaches,Whiskers & Beards
- Pets in Portraits
- A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery
- The Kings and Queens of England Poster
- Queen Victoria Bust
- Queen Victoria Decoration
- The Queen & Prince Albert's Polka greetings card
- Kings and Queens of England Mug