13 of 19 portraits of Richard Lalor Sheil
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 21 July 1838
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- John Bull (active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for Dublin City and Cork County. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Sir Robert Peel, 2nd Bt (1788-1850), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 174 portraits.
- Richard Lalor Sheil (1791-1851), Irish writer, orator and politician; MP for Tipperary and Dungarvan. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 884 portraits.