1 portrait of Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 26 March 1839
17 1/4 in. x 11 3/4 in. (437 mm x 298 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- Hugh Fortescue, 2nd Earl Fortescue (1783-1861), MP for Devonshire North. Sitter associated with 23 portraits.
- John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst (1772-1863), Lord Chancellor and politician; son of the painter John Singleton Copley. Sitter associated with 75 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 204 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Characters and Caricatures: Photographs by Herbert Watkins
Until 17 November