3 of 3 portraits of Charles William Bury, 2nd Earl of Charleville
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 29 March 1839
17 1/4 in. x 11 3/4 in. (437 mm x 298 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 886 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 236 portraits.
- Charles William Bury, 2nd Earl of Charleville (1801-1851), Conservative politician; MP for Carlow Borough and Penryn and Falmouth. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Constantine Henry Phipps, 1st Marquess of Normanby (1797-1863), Whig Politician, writer and British Ambassador to France. Sitter in 50 portraits.
- Robert Jocelyn, 3rd Earl of Roden (1788-1870), Auditor-General of the Exchequer in Ireland and customs rotulorum of County Louth. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 357 portraits.
- George Thomas John Nugent, Marquess of Westmeath (1785-1871), Soldier; politician. Sitter in 1 portrait.