The Road to Ruin!
11 of 11 portraits of Daniel Whittle Harvey
The Road to Ruin!
by John ('HB') Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 26 August 1839
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John ('HB') Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Daniel Whittle Harvey (1786-1863), Politician, MP, founder of the 'Sunday Times' and first Commissioner of the City of London Police. Sitter in 11 portraits.
- Joseph Hume (1777-1855), Doctor and politician; MP for Aberdeen Burghs, Middlesex and Montrose Burghs. Sitter associated with 72 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Whig politician and Chancellor of the Exchequer. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Constantine Henry Phipps, 1st Marquess of Normanby (1797-1863), Whig Politician, writer and British Ambassador to France. Sitter in 49 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 226 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 497 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.