An Irish Wake
15 of 19 portraits of Richard Lalor Sheil
An Irish Wake
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 8 November 1839
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Statesman. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux (1778-1868), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 234 portraits.
- Alfred, Count D'Orsay (1801-1852), Amateur artist and man of fashion. Sitter associated with 11 portraits, Artist associated with 105 portraits.
- Henry Petty-Fitzmaurice, 3rd Marquess of Lansdowne (1780-1863), Politician. Sitter associated with 73 portraits.
- John Temple Leader (1810-1903), MP for Westminster; connoisseur and author. Sitter associated with 12 portraits.
- John Singleton Copley, Baron Lyndhurst (1772-1863), Lord Chancellor and politician; son of the painter John Singleton Copley. Sitter associated with 74 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Thomas Spring Rice, 1st Baron Monteagle of Brandon (1790-1866), Politician. Sitter associated with 81 portraits.
- Constantine Henry Phipps, 1st Marquess of Normanby (1797-1863), Politician and diplomat. Sitter in 49 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 137 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 223 portraits.
- Richard Lalor Sheil (1791-1851), Politician and dramatist. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1769-1852), Field Marshal and Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 342 portraits.