Another Heavy Blow
16 of 19 portraits of Richard Lalor Sheil
Another Heavy Blow
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducôte, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 8 November 1839
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducôte (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (1819-1861), Prince Consort of Queen Victoria. Sitter in 187 portraits, Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 137 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 223 portraits.
- Ernest II, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (1818-1893), Older brother of Prince Albert, consort of Queen Victoria. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Richard Lalor Sheil (1791-1851), Politician and dramatist. Sitter associated with 19 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 476 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Related shop items
- Lilian Gish, Broken Blossoms, 1919 by James Abbe (1883-1973) print
- Monarchs Ruler
- National Portrait Gallery: Mid-Georgian Portraits 1760-1790 (hardcover)
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- A Guide to Victorian & Edwardian Portraits (paperback)
- Famous Faces playing cards
- Queen Victoria bust
- Queen Victoria decoration