5 of 9 portraits of Sir James Emerson Tennent, 1st Bt
by John Doyle, printed by Alfred Ducote, published by Thomas McLean
lithograph, published 9 April 1840
11 3/4 in. x 17 1/4 in. (298 mm x 437 mm) overall
acquired Unknown source, 1900
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- John Doyle (1797-1868), 'HB'; caricaturist. Artist associated with 700 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Alfred Ducote (active 1830-1840), Lithographer and lithographic printer. Artist associated with 434 portraits.
- Thomas McLean (1788-1875), Publisher and dealer. Artist associated with 883 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (1819-1861), Prince Consort of Queen Victoria. Sitter in 189 portraits, Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- John William Ponsonby, 4th Earl of Bessborough (1781-1847), Politician. Sitter associated with 33 portraits.
- John Bull (supposed active 1712), Fictitious epitomist of Englishness and British imperialism. Sitter associated with 94 portraits.
- Sir Francis Burdett, 5th Bt (1770-1844), Parliamentary reformer. Sitter associated with 113 portraits.
- George William Frederick Howard, 7th Earl of Carlisle (1802-1864), Viceroy of Ireland. Sitter associated with 76 portraits.
- Edward Stanley, 14th Earl of Derby (1799-1869), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 102 portraits.
- William Lamb, 2nd Viscount Melbourne (1779-1848), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 141 portraits.
- Daniel O'Connell (1775-1847), Irish politician. Sitter associated with 203 portraits.
- Henry John Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1784-1865), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 138 portraits.
- John Russell, 1st Earl Russell (1792-1878), Prime Minister and writer. Sitter associated with 224 portraits.
- Sir James Emerson Tennent, 1st Bt (1804-1869), Politician, traveller and author. Sitter in 9 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 487 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.