1 of 393 portraits of Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII)
by Percy Lewis Pocock, for W. & D. Downey
albumen print, 16 July 1894
5 1/2 in. x 3 3/4 in. (140 mm x 96 mm) image size
Given by Martin Plaut, 2012
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Queen Alexandra (1844-1925), Queen of Edward VII. Sitter associated with 436 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (1894-1972), Reigned 1936. Sitter associated with 393 portraits.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 336 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 505 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Artistsback to top
Portrait setsback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
- Alexandra of Denmark
- My Favourite Portrait by Hugo Vickers
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection - M-Z
- The World's Most Photographed
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- WebQuest: Votes For Women
- WebQuest: Christmas or Seaside
- Photographically Illustrated Periodicals
- Photographic holdings - Albums 76-162