1 portrait on display in Room 28 at the National Portrait Gallery
by Alexander Bassano
bromide print, 5 May 1881
5 7/8 in. x 4 1/4 in. (149 mm x 108 mm) overall
Given by Bassano & Vandyk Studios, 1974
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Queen Alexandra (1844-1925), Queen of Edward VII. Sitter associated with 436 portraits, Artist associated with 10 portraits.
Artistback to top
- Alexander Bassano (1829-1913), Photographer. Artist associated with 2797 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
This portraitback to top
Photographed in the conservatory at Marlborough House in full dress for Queen Victoria's Drawing Room. The sitting was described in The Times, 25 June 1881.
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Alexander Bassano: Victorian Photographer (From 25 March 2013)
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
- Old Titles and New Money: American Heiresses and the British Aristocracy
Until 2 August