1 portrait of Prince John
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after James Charles Dinham, and Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd), and Langfier Ltd, and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographer
bromide postcard print, published 1910s
5 3/8 in. x 3 3/8 in. (137 mm x 86 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- James Charles Dinham (died 1912), Photographer. Artist associated with 28 portraits, Sitter associated with 1 portrait.
- Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd) (founded 1880). Artist associated with 6794 portraits.
- Langfier Ltd (active 1899-1941). Artist associated with 70 portraits.
- Rotary Photographic Co Ltd (active 1897-1916). Artist associated with 912 portraits.
- William Slade Stuart (1858-1938). Artist associated with 16 portraits.
- Unknown photographer. Artist associated with 5377 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- King Edward VII (1841-1910), Reigned 1901-1910. Sitter associated with 424 portraits.
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (1894-1972), Reigned 1936. Sitter associated with 385 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 388 portraits.
- King George VI (1895-1952), Reigned 1936-52. Sitter associated with 486 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 157 portraits.
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1900-1974), Son of George V. Sitter in 172 portraits.
- Prince John (1905-1919), Youngest son of George V. Sitter in 26 portraits.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 327 portraits.
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965), Princess Royal; daughter of George V. Sitter in 255 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 501 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Related worksback to top
- NPG x76054: Queen Victoria (source portrait)
- NPG x4032: Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII); Queen Mary; King George V (source portrait)
- NPG x135924: Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII); Queen Mary; King George V (source portrait)
- NPG Ax29313: Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester; Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood; Prince John; Prince George, Duke of Kent (source portrait)
- NPG x29591: King George V (source portrait)
Exhibitions and displays
- Women and the First World War
Until 25 October
- ‘The artist’s cause at heart’: M.H. Spielmann, Collector and Donor
Until 1 August
- Old Titles and New Money: American Heiresses and the British Aristocracy
Until 1 August
- Suffragettes: Deeds not Words
Until 10 May
- WebQuest: Christmas or Seaside
- My Favourite Portrait by Hugo Vickers
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection - M-Z
- The World's Most Photographed
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- WebQuest: Votes For Women
- Photographically Illustrated Periodicals
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- A Celebration of Shakespeare
- Rupert Brooke: War Poet
- Learn more
- Howard Carter: The Quest for the Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Wedding photographs from the 1920s