1 portrait of Prince John
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after James Charles Dinham, and Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd), and Langfier Ltd, and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographer
bromide postcard print, published 1910s
5 3/8 in. x 3 3/8 in. (137 mm x 86 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- James Charles Dinham (died 1912), Photographer. Artist associated with 43 portraits, Sitter associated with 1 portrait.
- Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd) (founded 1880). Artist associated with 6859 portraits.
- Langfier Ltd (active 1899-1941). Artist associated with 75 portraits.
- Rotary Photographic Co Ltd (active 1897-1916). Artist associated with 1028 portraits.
- William Slade Stuart (1858-1938). Artist associated with 19 portraits.
- Unknown photographer. Artist associated with 5705 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- King Edward VII (1841-1910), Reigned 1901-10. Sitter associated with 497 portraits.
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (1894-1972), Reigned 1936. Sitter in 404 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 440 portraits.
- King George VI (1895-1952), Reigned 1936-52. Sitter associated with 500 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 162 portraits.
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1900-1974), Son of George V. Sitter in 178 portraits.
- Prince John (1905-1919), Youngest son of George V. Sitter in 29 portraits.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 368 portraits.
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965), Princess Royal; daughter of George V. Sitter in 267 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 519 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Related worksback to top
- NPG x76054: Queen Victoria (source portrait)
- NPG x4032: Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII); Queen Mary; King George V (source portrait)
- NPG x135924: Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII); Queen Mary; King George V (source portrait)
- NPG Ax29313: Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester; Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood; Prince John; Prince George, Duke of Kent (source portrait)
- NPG x29591: King George V (source portrait)
Exhibitions and displays
- WebQuest: Christmas or Seaside
- My Favourite Portrait by Hugo Vickers
- Reviewers Revealed: Celebrating the TLS Centenary
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection - M-Z
- The World's Most Photographed
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- WebQuest: Votes For Women
- The Beautiful and the Damned
- Photographically Illustrated Periodicals
- Jean Simmons
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- A Celebration of Shakespeare
- Reaching for the stars: Astronomers in focus
- Rupert Brooke: War Poet
- The Royal Ballet at 75
- Lillah McCarthy
- Learn more
- Howard Carter: The Quest for the Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Wedding photographs from the 1920s
- Born in 1856
- Life Drawing: Capturing the Magic of Movement
29 April, 18:30
Related shop items
- Victoria & Albert Scarf
- Monarchs Ruler
- Magnetic Monarchs
- The World's Most Photographed catalogue (hardcover)
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- A Guide to Victorian & Edwardian Portraits (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery Kings & Queens (paperback)
- National Portrait Gallery: A Portrait of Britain
- Moustaches,Whiskers & Beards
- Pets in Portraits
- A Portrait of Fashion: Six Centuries of Dress at the National Portrait Gallery
- The Kings and Queens of England Poster
- Queen Victoria Bust
- Queen Victoria Decoration
- The Queen & Prince Albert's Polka greetings card
- Kings and Queens of England Mug