1 portrait of Prince John
published by Rotary Photographic Co Ltd, after James Charles Dinham, and Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd), and Langfier Ltd, and William Slade Stuart, and Unknown photographer
bromide postcard print, published 1910s
5 3/8 in. x 3 3/8 in. (137 mm x 86 mm) overall
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
- James Charles Dinham (died 1912), Photographer. Artist associated with 42 portraits, Sitter associated with 1 portrait.
- Lafayette (Lafayette Ltd) (founded 1880). Artist associated with 6832 portraits.
- Langfier Ltd (active 1899-1941). Artist associated with 72 portraits.
- Rotary Photographic Co Ltd (active 1897-1916). Artist associated with 953 portraits.
- William Slade Stuart (1858-1938). Artist associated with 16 portraits.
- Unknown photographer. Artist associated with 5611 portraits.
Sittersback to top
- King Edward VII (1841-1910), Reigned 1901-1910. Sitter associated with 448 portraits.
- Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII) (1894-1972), Reigned 1936. Sitter associated with 396 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 413 portraits.
- King George VI (1895-1952), Reigned 1936-52. Sitter associated with 496 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 159 portraits.
- Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (1900-1974), Son of George V. Sitter in 177 portraits.
- Prince John (1905-1919), Youngest son of George V. Sitter in 27 portraits.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 347 portraits.
- Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood (1897-1965), Princess Royal; daughter of George V. Sitter in 262 portraits.
- Queen Victoria (1819-1901), Reigned 1837-1901. Sitter associated with 505 portraits, Artist associated with 5 portraits.
Related worksback to top
- NPG x76054: Queen Victoria (source portrait)
- NPG x4032: Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII); Queen Mary; King George V (source portrait)
- NPG x135924: Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor (King Edward VIII); Queen Mary; King George V (source portrait)
- NPG Ax29313: Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester; Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood; Prince John; Prince George, Duke of Kent (source portrait)
- NPG x29591: King George V (source portrait)
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
- Women and the First World War
Until 25 October
- ‘The artist’s cause at heart’: M.H. Spielmann, Collector and Donor
Until 19 September
- WebQuest: Christmas or Seaside
- My Favourite Portrait by Hugo Vickers
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection - M-Z
- The World's Most Photographed
- Popular Prints of Victoria and Albert
- WebQuest: Votes For Women
- Photographically Illustrated Periodicals
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- A Celebration of Shakespeare
- Reaching for the stars: Astronomers in focus
- Rupert Brooke: War Poet
- Learn more
- Howard Carter: The Quest for the Tomb of Tutankhamun
- Wedding photographs from the 1920s
- Lunchtime Lecture: 'Long to reign over us'
3 September, 13:15
- Lunchtime Lecture: Liberté! The Life of Second World War Heroine Noor Inayat Khan
17 September, 13:15