5 of 11 portraits of Kitty Fisher
by Edward Fisher, published by Thomas Ewart, published by Robert Sayer, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 17 July 1759
12 7/8 in. x 8 7/8 in. (328 mm x 226 mm) plate size; 14 1/8 in. x 11 1/4 in. (360 mm x 285 mm) paper size
Given by the daughter of compiler William Fleming MD, Mary Elizabeth Stopford, 1931
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Catherine Maria ('Kitty') Fisher (died 1767), Courtesan. Sitter associated with 11 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Thomas Ewart (active 1745-circa 1781), Printer and publisher. Artist associated with 2 portraits.
- Edward Fisher (1722-before 1782), Mezzotint engraver. Artist associated with 93 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- Robert Sayer (1724 or 1725-1794), Printseller and publisher. Artist associated with 196 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September 2015