1 of 3 portraits of John Foote
by James Scott, published by Henry Graves & Co, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 1878 (1761)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- John Foote (1718-1768), Captain with the East India Company. Sitter in 3 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Henry Graves & Co (active 1844-1899), Publishers. Artist associated with 228 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- James Scott (circa 1809-circa 1889), Engraver. Artist associated with 132 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September