1 portrait of Laurence Sterne
by Samuel William Reynolds, published by Hodgson & Graves, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 1836 (1760)
9 1/8 in. x 6 1/2 in. (233 mm x 166 mm) plate size; 11 1/4 in. x 8 5/8 in. (286 mm x 220 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Laurence Sterne (1713-1768), Writer and divine; author of 'Tristram Shandy'. Sitter in 16 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Hodgson & Graves (active 1836-1840), Publisher. Artist associated with 52 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
- Samuel William Reynolds (1773-1835), Mezzotint engraver and painter. Artist associated with 627 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September 2015