by Richard James Lane
lithograph, published 1831
14 5/8 in. x 9 3/8 in. (373 mm x 238 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Richard James Lane (1800-1872), Sculptor and lithographer. Artist associated with 1178 portraits, Sitter in 6 portraits.
Events of 1831back to top
Current affairsParliamentary Reform Bill is rejected by the House of Lords prompting riots in Nottingham, Derby and Bristol.
Art and scienceMichael Faraday demonstrates electromagnetic induction.Death of Lady Sarah Ponsonby, last of the famous Ladies of Llangollen who attracted many of the leading names in art and literature to visit them at their home in Plas Newydd, Wales.Opening of New London Bridge, designed by John Rennie.
InternationalViolinist Niccolo Paganini arrives in England from Italy and embarks on a six month tour of the country after astonishing London audiences with his virtuoso performances.Revolutionary outbreaks in Modena, Parma and the Papal States influenced by the July Revolution in France the previous year.
- Handlist of names in the Reference Collection
- Collected Archives - J-M
- Only Connect - installation video
- Only Connect
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Angelica Catalani
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Felix Mendelssohn
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Joseph Haydn
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Edwin Landseer
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Leigh Hunt
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Samuel Cartwright
- Only Connect - Niccolò Paganini <> Luigi Marchesi
- Only Connect - Niccolò Pagnini <> Ludwig Van Beethoven