2 of 3 portraits of John Abernethy
by John Brooks, published by Thomas Jefferys, published by William Herbert, after James Latham
14 in. x 10 in. (358 mm x 257 mm) plate size; 14 7/8 in. x 10 1/2 in. (382 mm x 270 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- John Abernethy (1680-1740), Dissenting minister. Sitter associated with 3 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- John Brooks (circa 1710-after 1756), Engraver and print publisher. Artist associated with 35 portraits.
- William Herbert (1718-1795), Bibliographer and printseller. Artist associated with 28 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Thomas Jefferys (circa 1719-1771), Engraver, cartographer and publisher. Artist associated with 32 portraits.
- James Latham (1696-1747), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 9 portraits.