2 of 2 portraits of William Beckford
by Frederick Bromley, published by Henry Graves & Co, after Sir Joshua Reynolds
mezzotint, published 1862 (1782)
6 7/8 in. x 5 3/4 in. (176 mm x 148 mm) plate size; 8 5/8 in. x 7 3/8 in. (221 mm x 188 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- William Beckford (1760-1844), Writer, collector and eccentric dilettante. Sitter in 2 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Frederick Bromley (active 1832-1870), Engraver. Artist associated with 26 portraits.
- Henry Graves & Co (active 1844-1899), Publishers. Artist associated with 228 portraits.
- Sir Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792), Painter and first President of the Royal Academy. Artist associated with 1413 portraits, Sitter associated with 38 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Favourites: Art and Power, 1600-1800
Until 1 September