1 portrait of Robert Alderson
by Robert Cooper, printed by McQueen (Macqueen), published by William Freeman, after John Thomas Woodhouse
stipple and line engraving, published 1828
11 7/8 in. x 10 3/8 in. (302 mm x 264 mm) plate size; 17 1/8 in. x 13 1/4 in. (435 mm x 338 mm) paper size
Purchased with help from the Friends of the National Libraries and the Pilgrim Trust, 1966
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Robert Alderson (1752-1833), Recorder of Ipswich, Yarmouth and Norwich. Sitter in 1 portrait.
Artistsback to top
- Robert Cooper (active 1795-died 1828), Historical and portrait engraver. Artist associated with 184 portraits.
- William Freeman (active 1828), Printseller. Artist associated with 4 portraits.
- McQueen (Macqueen) (active 1819-1872), Printers. Artist associated with 69 portraits.
- John Thomas Woodhouse (1780-1845). Artist associated with 1 portrait.