Royal Family group
1 portrait of Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark
Royal Family group
by Bassano Ltd
12 x 10 inch glass plate negative, 29 November 1934
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Queen Elizabeth II (1926-), Queen regnant. Sitter associated with 909 portraits.
- King George V (1865-1936), Reigned 1910-36. Sitter in 401 portraits.
- Prince George, Duke of Kent (1902-1942), Naval and air force officer; son of King George V. Sitter in 159 portraits.
- Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent (1906-1968), Wife of Prince George, Duke of Kent; daughter of Prince and Princess Nicholas of Greece and of Denmark. Sitter in 110 portraits, Artist of 1 portrait.
- Queen Mary (1867-1953), Queen consort of King George V. Sitter in 336 portraits.
- Prince Nicholas of Greece and Denmark (1872-1938), Foreign dignitary; son of George I, King of Greece and father of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. Sitter in 5 portraits.
- Princess Nicholas of Greece (1882-1957), Foreign dignitary. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- Lady Mary Ilona Margaret Whitley (née Cambridge) (1924-1999), Wife of Peter Whitley; daughter of 2nd Marquess of Cambridge. Sitter in 46 portraits.
Exhibitions and displays
- Curators' Choice: Photographs from the Terence Pepper Gift
Until 24 January 2016
- Old Titles and New Money: American Heiresses and the British Aristocracy
Until 2 August
- Women and the First World War
Until 25 October
Related shop items
- Queen Elizabeth II Bust
- A Guide to Contemporary Portraits (paperback)
- A Guide to the National Portrait Gallery (paperback)
- The Kings and Queens of England Poster
- Monarchs Ruler
- Famous Faces Playing Cards
- Elaine Vernon and Danny Fer by Bassano Studio greetings card
- Ivy Shilling and Fred Hobson Leslie by Bassano Studio greetings card
- Ethel Walters by Bassano Studio greetings card
- Ellaline Terriss, Lady Hicks by Bassano Studio greetings card