1 portrait of Richard Ashcroft
by Chris Floyd
C-type colour print, 1998
18 7/8 in. x 15 in. (480 mm x 380 mm)
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sittersback to top
- Richard Ashcroft (1971-), Musician; singer and guitarist for The Verve. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Simon Jones (1972-), Musician; bass guitarist for The Verve. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Nick McCabe (1971-), Musician; guitarist for The Verve. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Peter Salisbury (1971-), Musician; drummer for The Verve. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Simon Tong, Musician; guitarist and keyboard player for The Verve. Sitter in 1 portrait.
This portraitback to top
Led by Wigan-born Richard Ashcroft, The Verve moved out of underground credibility and into mainstream success with the best-selling Urban Hymns album (1997) and the Stones-sampling Bittersweet Symphony (1997). Verve had a Number One single with The Drugs Don't Work in September 1997. The group disbanded when singer songwriter Ashcroft launched his solo career with Alone with Everybody (2000).
Linked publicationsback to top
- Hoare, Philip; Pepper, Terence, Icons of Pop, 1999 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 4 June -19 September 1999), p. 105