2 of 2 portraits of Jeff Beck
© Lewis Morley Archive / National Portrait Gallery, London
by Lewis Morley
bromide fibre print, 1967
11 3/8 in. x 14 5/8 in. (289 mm x 373 mm)
Given by Lewis Morley, 1989
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- Lewis Morley (1925-2013), Photographer. Artist of 303 portraits, Sitter in 5 portraits.
Linked publicationsback to top
- , p. 152
- Pepper, Terence, Lewis Morley: Photographer of the Sixties, 1989 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 15 September 1989 - 7 January 1990), p. 60
- Whitaker, Robert, Beatles to Bowie: the 60s exposed, 2009 (accompanying the exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery from 15 October 2009 - 24 January 2010), p. 152
Linked displays and exhibitionsback to top
- Beatles to Bowie: the 60s exposed (15 October 2009 - 24 January 2010)
Events of 1967back to top
Current affairsHarold Wilson decides to devalue the pound by nearly 15% in order to ' break out from the straitjacket' of boom and bust economics. The decision was controversial and prompted Wilson to reassure the public that the 'pound in your pocket' would not be worth any less.
Art and scienceThe Beatles release Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, with a record sleeve designed by pop artist, Peter Blake. The band's musical experimentation and colourful new look was an example of psychedelic, and the LP is often regarded as one of the first concept albums.
InternationalChe Guevara is captured and executed in Bolivia. The guerrilla leader and revolutionary icon was hunted down by the CIA and captured and shot by Bolivian Special Forces. He had been leading Bolivian insurgents in an attempt to overthrow the government.
Exhibitions and displays
- Lewis Morley ‘Mammoth’ Prints
Until 20 November