2 of 64 portraits of Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby
by James Sayers, published by Thomas Cornell
etching, published 12 January 1784
11 7/8 in. x 9 1/8 in. (303 mm x 231 mm) plate size; 13 in. x 10 1/8 in. (330 mm x 258 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Frederick Howard, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), Politician and diplomat. Sitter associated with 26 portraits.
- Lord John Cavendish (1732-1796), Politician; MP for several constituencies. Sitter associated with 11 portraits.
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (1752-1834), Sportsman and patron of horse-racing. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- Frederick North, 2nd Earl of Guilford (1732-1792), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Augustus Keppel, Viscount Keppel (1725-1786), Admiral. Sitter associated with 29 portraits.
- David Murray, 2nd Earl of Mansfield (1727-1796), Diplomat and statesman. Sitter in 19 portraits.
- William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland (1738-1809), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 31 portraits.