9 of 30 portraits of William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland
by James Sayers, published by Thomas Cornell
etching, published 7 June 1785
11 3/4 in. x 15 3/4 in. (299 mm x 400 mm) plate size; 12 5/8 in. x 16 5/8 in. (322 mm x 423 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- William Eden, 1st Baron Auckland (1744-1814), Statesman. Sitter in 8 portraits.
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Frederick Howard, 5th Earl of Carlisle (1748-1825), Statesman. Sitter associated with 26 portraits.
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (1752-1834), Sportsman and patron of horse-racing. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- Frederick North, 2nd Earl of Guilford (1732-1792), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 63 portraits.
- Thomas Powys, 1st Baron Lilford (1743-1800). Sitter in 8 portraits.
- David Murray, 2nd Earl of Mansfield (1727-1796), Diplomat and statesman. Sitter in 18 portraits.
- Charles Howard, 11th Duke of Norfolk (1746-1815), MP. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland (1738-1809), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich (1718-1792), First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 24 portraits.