16 of 162 portraits of Richard Brinsley Sheridan
by James Sayers
10 3/8 in. x 14 3/8 in. (264 mm x 366 mm) plate size; 10 3/4 in. x 14 5/8 in. (272 mm x 372 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistback to top
- James Sayers (1748-1823), Artist. Artist associated with 191 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
Sittersback to top
- Sir John Anstruther (1753-1811), Politician and Anglo-Indian judge. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Charles Wolfran Cornwall (1735-1789), Speaker of the House of Commons. Sitter associated with 7 portraits.
- John Courtenay (1738-1816), Politician and army officer. Sitter associated with 14 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 298 portraits.
- Sir Philip Francis (1740-1818), Whig politician and pamphleteer. Sitter in 16 portraits.
- James St Clair-Erskine, 2nd Earl of Rosslyn (1762-1837), General. Sitter in 13 portraits.
- Andrew St John, 14th Baron St John (1759-1817). Sitter in 2 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 162 portraits.
- Edward Thurlow, Baron Thurlow (1731-1806), Lord Chancellor. Sitter in 36 portraits.
- Hon. William Windham (1750-1810), Politician; Secretary at War. Sitter associated with 50 portraits.