14 of 30 portraits of William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland
by James Sayers, published by Thomas Cornell
etching and aquatint, published 18 February 1789
9 1/8 in. x 11 3/4 in. (232 mm x 298 mm) plate size; 10 1/4 in. x 12 3/4 in. (259 mm x 324 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Artistsback to top
Sittersback to top
- Edmund Burke (1729 or 1730-1797), Statesman. Sitter associated with 103 portraits.
- Sir Grey Cooper (died 1801), Politician. Sitter in 3 portraits.
- Edward Smith Stanley, 12th Earl of Derby (1752-1834), Sportsman and patron of horse-racing. Sitter associated with 64 portraits.
- Charles James Fox (1749-1806), Whig statesman. Sitter associated with 299 portraits.
- King George IV (1762-1830), Regent 1811-19; Reigned 1820-30. Sitter associated with 182 portraits.
- Frederick North, 2nd Earl of Guilford (1732-1792), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 63 portraits.
- Thomas Powys, 1st Baron Lilford (1743-1800). Sitter in 8 portraits.
- William John Kerr, 5th Marquess of Lothian (1737-1815), Colonel. Sitter in 2 portraits.
- David Murray, 2nd Earl of Mansfield (1727-1796), Diplomat and statesman. Sitter in 18 portraits.
- Charles Howard, 11th Duke of Norfolk (1746-1815), Connoisseur and collector. Sitter associated with 55 portraits.
- William Henry Cavendish Bentinck, 3rd Duke of Portland (1738-1809), Prime Minister. Sitter associated with 30 portraits.
- William Douglas, 4th Duke of Queensberry (1724-1810), Rake and patron of the turf. Sitter associated with 12 portraits.
- Alexander Wedderburn, 1st Earl of Rosslyn (Lord Loughborough) (1733-1805), Lord Chancellor. Sitter associated with 32 portraits.
- John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich (1718-1792), First Lord of the Admiralty. Sitter associated with 24 portraits.
- John Sawbridge (1732?-1795), Lord Mayor of London. Sitter in 12 portraits.
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816), Dramatist and parliamentary orator. Sitter associated with 162 portraits.
- John Warren (1730-1800), Bishop of Bangor. Sitter in 1 portrait.
- Richard Watson (1737-1816), Cleric and chemist. Sitter associated with 10 portraits.
- Christopher Wilson (1714-1792), Bishop of Bristol. Sitter in 4 portraits.