by John Smith, published by Richard Tompson, published by Edward Cooper, after John Riley
mezzotint, 1690 (circa 1689-1691)
14 3/8 in. x 10 5/8 in. (366 mm x 270 mm) plate size; 15 1/2 in. x 11 5/8 in. (394 mm x 296 mm) paper size
Click on the links below to find out more:
Sitterback to top
- Gilbert Burnet (1643-1715), Bishop of Salisbury and historian. Sitter associated with 24 portraits.
Artistsback to top
- Edward Cooper (died 1725), Printseller. Artist associated with 169 portraits, Sitter in 3 portraits.
- John Riley (1646-1691), Portrait painter. Artist associated with 100 portraits, Sitter in 1 portrait.
- John Smith (1652-1743), Engraver. Artist associated with 1180 portraits, Sitter in 4 portraits.
- Richard Tompson (died 1693), Publisher, printseller, auctioneer and dealer. Artist associated with 116 portraits, Sitter in 2 portraits.
Related worksback to top
Placesback to top
- Place made: United Kingdom: England, London (The Sun, Bedfordbury; Three Pidgeons, Bedford Street, London)